It’s already July, which means just 74 days until TEDxSalem!
If you’re like me, you’ll want to plan ahead and know as much as possible about this year’s event. With that in mind, here are the top ten things you should know for TEDxSalem 2014!
10. TEDxSalem sold out in less than 48 hours last year. Get your tickets here before they’re gone!
9. What does TED stand for? TED stands for technology, entertainment, design. TEDxSalem is in its second year and we’re branching out to bring speakers from all over the Pacific Northwest.
8. The cost is reasonable. Our ticket prices don’t cover all of our production costs, but we know how important it is that TEDxSalem be accessible to everyone. This wouldn’t be possible without the support of all our partners!
7. TEDxSalem is an all-day event. Don’t worry, we’ll feed you! Lunch, snacks and drinks are provided. But to get the most of your TEDxSalem experience, come well-rested and bring an open mind.
6. … but it’s also more than just one day. We hope to continue the experience, inspiration and excitement through other events. More is coming.
4. Co-curators Brian and Carlee have been busy. So far, they’ve both attended TEDActive, TEDxPortland and TEDxConcordiaUPortland. While at TEDActive, Brian and Carlee made connections with TEDx organizers all over the world!
3. We’re expanding! And by attending TEDActive, TEDxSalem can now have as many attendees as possible, up to 1,200 people, at the Elsinore!
2. This year’s theme is moxie. How did we decide on that theme? Moxie is energy and courage. It is what we see embodied in our speakers and what we hope to bring to the event and further instill in all our participants.
1. TEDx is 100 percent volunteer-run. That includes all of our planning team members and our speakers.