Parking, registration, lunch: Everything you need to know
Hello, TEDxSalem nation!
The big day is finally near. We can hardly believe it.
Here is everything you need to know about TEDxSalem, Oct. 3 — Fearless — at Salem Convention Center, 200 Commercial St. SE, Salem, OR 97301.
8 a.m.: Registration and light breakfast
8:30 a.m.: Theater doors open; seats are general admission
9 a.m.: Session one
10:30 a.m.: Recess and snacks
11 a.m.: Session two
12:15 p.m.: Lunch recess
1:30 p.m.: Session three
2:30 p.m.: Recess
3 p.m.: Session four
4:15: On-site after-party (no-host bar)
- Starts at 8 a.m. (doors will be locked before that time, so please plan to be there no earlier than 8AM).
- Registration is located on the northeast side of the Salem Convention Center (see map above)
- Look for our volunteers wearing black TEDxSalem T-shirts.
- Name tags will be organized by attendee’s last name, and you can pick it up at registration along with some great gifts.
- Your name tag will be your pass for access to everything throughout the day: the sessions, the action breaks, the after party.
- No physical ticket is required. But please do bring your photo ID.
- At this point, all name tags have been printed. If there is an issue with your name tag, one of our planning team members will be there to help you at registration.
- Doors to the theater open at 8:30am, seating is general admission, and entrance into the auditorium will be first come, first serve.
Tickets will be available for purchase at the door for $55 cash or card only, no checks. Advance tickets at $50 ($45 for students) are available through Oct. 2 at tedxsalem2015.eventbrite.com.
- There’s limited on-site parking.
- We encourage you to walk, bike, or carpool.
- Handicap-accessible parking will be available.
- See map for all parking available in surrounding areas.
- Coffee, tea and water available starting at 8 a.m.
- Lunch happens at 12:15 p.m.. You’ll be able to choose from a variety of options.
- Enjoy a delicious assortment of breakfast options before the first session begins, plus snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- All of this is included in your ticket price!
- American sign language interpreting will be provided by Ben Cavaletto and Mish Ktejik. Close vision interpreting will be provided by Sarah Norris and Tedi Massey.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the latest updates, and share your excitement about the day using our hashtag #TEDxSalem
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org